Monday, July 12, 2010

Where to start?

I'm starting this a little later than I should have.

We are building a Ravenna in the Western New York area. We're extremely excited!! The house is gorgeous and BIG!! We'll have about 2760 sq ft. 4 bedrooms, formal living room, great room, dining room, office, morning room, 2nd floor laundry and 2.5 baths. Oh and the house comes with a concrete driveway. Sweet!

Here's the floor plan. And a virtual tour.

I'm not going to get into specifics of prices we're paying for things because I'm just not cool with the whole world knowing ALL my business, know what I mean?

We did get $8,000 in upgrades as our incentive when we signed our contract. The upgrades we got were:

Elevation: We got elevation C which has a good sized, covered front porch. HAD to have it - I am totally a front porch girl! That was one of the most expensive upgrades! We decided not to get brick or stone and just went with the vinyl siding.

Morning Room w/ Gourmet Island
Upgraded carpet pad throughout the house
Upgraded carpet in the Great Room
Upgraded kitchen floor
Maple Spice 42" cabinets with the crown molding
Microwave Range
Upgraded cabinets in bathrooms to Maple Spice
Recessed kitchen lighting
Soaking tub in master bath
High Definition laminate counter tops

We did all of this in May, so I'm sure there's something I'm forgetting.

Some things we didn't upgrade:

Bathroom fixtures - for $1000+, I can live with them. And they aren't even that bad!!
Light fixtures - what comes standard is fine. And I can replace them for WAY less than it costs to add them
carpet in the bedrooms, office, living and dining rooms
No fireplace - for $3600, no thanks. I have one now and we NEVER use it. Plus, I wanted to live in the house first
We didn't get any of the rough-ins for the lights - $100 to cut a hole?? I don't think so. The only place we got one is in the morning room because the ceiling is so high. We're lucky though - my father-in-law is an electrician!! So that's why we're not as concerned about ceiling fans, lights, and outlets.

So far, things have been going GREAT! Our sales person has been fantastic. In fact, we were even able to add our morning room SUPER last minute (after they ordered our lumber!!). Our pre-construction meeting will be coming up in the next week or so and we're hoping to break ground the last week of July!

1 comment:

  1. I realize I'm a bit late to the game here. I just started looking at all thr Ryan Homes blogs out there. I have to say, its a sigh of relief to see so many satisfied Ryan Home buyers. I've heard nothing but horror stories and warnings left and right. So far, you're the only Buffalo area blog I've th across. My best friend happens to live right by the Woodstream Estates area, on Rogers Road, so I've been fortunate to watch progress of the homes going up. I'm a northtowns guy. I first had my heart set on Waterford Park on Grand Island, until i drove the neighborhood and saw a handful of lots left. Called uo Ryan to find oyt they expect to be sold out in two months and do not have another phase planned. So, now looking at Wheatfield Lakes. It's a nice neighborhood, but quite an added commute to my job downtown. Im still early into your blog, but your home is beautiful! You must love it. That's great you were able to add thr morning room. I have to agree, it absolutely makes the home! I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete