Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Killing time...

I thought I'd write about something since we don't have our preconstruction meeting until Monday.

I thought I'd write about some of the homes in our new neighborhood. In the neighborhood we're in, the minimum square footage for a house is 2,000 sq ft.

The houses available to build in our particular neighborhood are:
Savoy
Bainbridge
Dunkirk
Ravenna
Yorkshire
Verona
Victoria Falls
Jefferson
Courtland

So far, there are only 2 finished homes - I think one is a Jefferson and I'm not sure what the other is. It looks similar though! You can't have 2 of the same house next door to each other. Another house was started about 2 weeks ago, but I'm not sure which that one is. Supposedly there are 2 other Ravenna's going in after ours.

As of right now, we still don't have neighbors on the right hand side. The lot was sold to a couple but they wanted to make the house so big that it wouldn't fit on the lot! I'm a little relieved. I was afraid my house would look so dinky next door to that! The family that is considering the lot right now will possibly get the Courtland or the Jefferson. I'll ask our sales rep about it on Monday.

The interesting thing about our neighborhood is that it was initially started by a home builder in the area called Marrano. Marrano sold their rights to the remaining lots in the development to Ryan. So there are probably 10-15 houses already up that are Marrano homes. They don't look much different from the Ryan homes but they cost quite a bit more! I think it will be interesting to see what we all say about our homes in 10 years.

1 comment:

  1. We're right behind you... Our pre-construction meeting is the week of August 9. And, we can't wait! We're building in the Pittsburgh area. Can't wait to hear all about your experience.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete