Thursday, December 23, 2010

Tub Update

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the actual cracks (why on earth I didn't take any with my regular camera is beyond me! I took a few with my camera phone). But here are pictures of our garden tub and the fixes. I need to talk to my PM because I'm just not feeling comfortable with the way it turned out. You can see where the cracks were. When it was fixed, the person who fixed it wasn't able to use the power buffer for some reason and it just doesn't look right. I'm bummed because this tub was one of our upgrades.

They think what happened was that the tub was a tight fit in the spot it was put in and with the house settling, it caused the cracks. IF the tub is replaced, I have no idea how they'll do it. There is no way to get the same tub we have now. With the house finished, it is way to big to get upstairs in the bathroom. It would have to be a 2-piece tub.


You can see the spots, right at the top of the picture in the middle and then in the lower left corner.



This one is at the back of the tub.



There were 2 more cracks, but you can't really see those spots. One was benind the shampoo and the other was right on the corner of the shelf.
Posted by Picasa


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I hate you have to deal with this, I hope it all works out to your satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...it is somewhat hard to see in the pictures, but the fact that I can see it at all is not a good thing. I am sure you are, but I wold be major pissed and would be demanding satisfaction. I understand the problem with replacing it, but maybe the solution is to have it totally replaced with a new tub and perhaps the surround replaced with a nice tile at Ryan Homes expense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @BD sounds good, someone other than kristine should have the expense of replacing it a nice tile surround at the expense of anyone other than kristine would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete