Things are going well so far. No major issues to report! I do have some concerns though - namely the 30 day follow up...or lack thereof. It isn't a huge deal, but I am a little disappointed. My husband ended up having to contact our project manager to set it up - and our PM just ended up stopping by on a whim and going through the house with my husband when I wasn't home. Not exactly what I had in mind. And nothing that was pointed out has been fixed.
A few things:
- we have some concerns about the water pressure in the upstairs bathroom. It is very low. Fine everywhere else.
- front door, pillars, garage door all need a 2nd coat of paint and touch ups.
- there is a spot on our stairs where the stain got messed up - that needs fixing.
- there are a few areas where the trim/drywall looks ridiculous. I'll have to take a picture of the one spot in particular. It has been driving me crazy.
- there is a piece of floor molding that wasn't nailed down where the sliding glass door is
it is all stuff that isn't a HUGE deal, but 1) I would've liked some notice on when our meeting was going to be so I could make sure I had a detailed list (especially if I wasn't going to be there). 2) I wish we were getting better information about what will be fixed and when.
Other than that, we've gotten our first heating bill - very pleased! It was pretty much the same as at our old house! The snow and wind have been crazy the last week or so and I haven't felt a single draft and barely heard the wind!