Saturday, August 14, 2010

We have a 2nd floor!

We stopped by the house today to see what was accomplished on Friday - as you can see, quite a bit!  Yay for a 2nd floor! They even put the stairs in.  I'm eager to see how it looks once the windows are in and the roof is on.  

By the way...anyone else that is building...does your house seem so much smaller than what you originally thought?  It doesn't make any sense!  Our house will be over 2700 sq ft when finished, but when we're looking at it right now (and especially when it was just the foundation) it doesn't seem that big.

And another thing...I'm sort of on a Feng Shui kick in my life.  So of course I'm trying to apply it to the new house.  Here's my dilemma...I'm not sure how to place the bagua map on our house!!  Do I include the morning room?  If so, is it just considered an extension of an area or does my house end up with empty areas on the bagua??  Here's our floorplan...


2 comments:

  1. I can't believe how fast your house is going up. It's really amazing. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting!! And YES it looked WAAAY smaller than I pictured when the framing was being done. It is better now that the sheet rock is up, but still...when I think that our house is going to be about 500 sq feet bigger on each level, I keep wondering where that space is!! :)

    ReplyDelete