Like...I LOVE our house. I'm really, really happy that we built with Ryan. And I'm so happy that it worked out for us to move into the neighborhood that we did. It is so beautiful and full of some really wonderful families!
So far the house has been chilly...but that's because my crazy husband keeps the heat at 63 freaking degrees in the dead of winter. No lie. We fight daily about it. A constant war of him turning it to 63 and me turning it to 68. Either way, heat bills have been good. So have the electric bills. And water.
I love my master bathroom with the closet in it. LOVE. Some people think its weird...I don't. I enjoy not leaving my bathroom until I am fully dressed and ready for the day!
I love my big a$$ kitchen. Is it the biggest kitchen in the world? Probably not? But its one of the biggest and most spacious kitchens I've ever known! I only wish I'd though to have gotten double ovens or something. I didn't realize I'd have the space for something that cool. But let's be honest. I'll probably never cook THAT much where it would be handy to have double ovens.
We are still waiting on our tub to be fixed. The person from the tub manufacturer is working on this in 2 steps. She's fairly certain that she'll be able to fix it completely. We'll see once step 2 in complete!
Our baby in the body cast is doing pretty well considering she's 16 months old and in a body cast. Her leg is healing very well and we're anxious to get that darn thing off! 15 more days. Not that I have a countdown or anything like that. If you'd like to follow her story and recovery (and just our family craziness in general!) click here.
There are only 2 lots left in the first phase of our street and WOW did Ryan slash the prices!! Holy cow. I'll be honest that for about 3 minutes I seriously considered putting my house up for sale (you know...the one we just built and moved into in October???) and building 4 lots down and upgrading the crap out of the new house. We'd end up paying the same amount! But that's just me being nutty. Don't worry Project Manager Mike and Sales Agent Mike!!! I won't do that to you guys :) Remember...I love my house!
In case anyone is curious...a few projects we have on our To-Do list for the house...some we'll get to this year. Some next year. Some a long time from now :) Some are things I wish we had done when we were building!!
- PAINT! I wish this had been an option when we were building. I hate painting! And I stink at picking out paint colors. I am so hiring someone.
- landscaping - this will be challenging. My hubby thinks we can do it ourselves. I'm a perfectionist and want it done right so I say no. I'll let you know who wins (and when!)
- deck or patio in the back - as much as I'd like one this summer, I think it might be next summer.
- fence (we're waiting to see what our new neighbors do first! they have a dog! maybe they'll put a fence up first!)
- finish the basement
- put some sort of stone or brick on the front of the house - I really wish we had done this during the building process just to jazz it up a little.
-distressed hardwood floors in the entryway
-tile floors in the upstairs bathrooms
- put in a storm door
- add AC (we are in the process of this right now. KILLER deal! $2000!!!)
- close off our formal living room and put in french doors (hoping to get this done soon within the year - this is something I really wish I had remembered to do when we were building!)
-change out the basic light fixtures that came with the house
-add ceiling fans in the bedrooms
- pool - eventually I'd like our backyard to look like some sort of oasis :)
We have a lot on our plates, huh? It never ends I guess - even when it is a brand new house! I'm willing to bet we'll have our hands full this summer getting our lawn in good shape as well!!